The primary objective of the Office for the Aging is to be the lead advocate for the older population of Sullivan County. All the programs sponsored or directly operated by this office are designed to give choices to older people, with the hope that through these choices they will be able to remain in their own homes and communities as long as possible.
The Office for the Aging gives priority for services to those who are frail, low income, minority, and homebound.
The Office for the Aging is made possible by the Sullivan County Legislature, New York State Office for the Aging, and the Older Americans Act.
The Office for the Aging does not deny services to individuals who are unable to make a donation toward any services provided by this office. Contributions enable us to continue and expand our program to other senior citizens.
- Case Management
- Information, Referral, and Outreach
- Legal Assistance
- Expanded In-Home Services for the Elderly (EISEP)
- Caregiver Resource Center
- Health Insurance Information Counseling
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- Weatherization Referral and Assistance Program (WRAP)
- Senior Identification (ID) card
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- Senior Community Employment Program
- Transportation/Escort Services
- Senior Nutrition Program
- Senior Transportation Program
SULLIVAN NYCONNECTS: Choices for Long Term Care
For information and assistance regarding long term care options in Sullivan County, click here or call (845) 794-3000, ext. 0257 or direct dial: 845-807-0257.
You can also find infortmation for Sullivan County at the Volunteer Match website.