The mission of the Sullivan County Government Wellness Committee is to promote a healthy place to work and promote a worksite culture that supports employees’ desire to make healthy lifestyle choices.
Goals of the committee
- Promote healthy lifestyle behaviors;
- Develop educational outreach activities;
- Encourage personal and professional productivity;
- Encourage physical, mental, social, and holistic wellbeing
- Reduce absenteeism
- Increase productivity
- Lower workers compensation claims
- Improve employee engagement /satisfaction
- Promote a clean, healthy and safe environment
Come Walk With Us!
Our October 2019 "Walk/Hike with County Employees" was held on Saturday, October 26 at 11:00am. We walked the newly cut trails at the Kartrite Waterpark at 555 Resorts World Drive, Monticello, N. Y. Here is a link to an overview, video, and map/distance: https://www.thekartrite.com/things-to-do-in-the-catskills/hiking/
Please come out and join County employees and their families. The walks are open to all and are kid- and pet-friendly!